Thursday 24 March 2016

Meal Ideas, Easter Week

On Easter Sunday, we will be eating a roast leg of lamb which is very traditional here in the UK! I think my Dad will cook it as we are eating there for Easter Sunday, and I imagine he will do something fancy with it, as he usually does. I will sort the pudding, like I usually do. Haven't decided what I want to do yet...

For the rest of the week and weekend, here are some of the meals I want to cook this week.

Jamie Oliver's Golden Chicken. From the 15 Minute Meals cookbook, and a firm favourite in our household! It really doesn't take 15 minutes to make but is delicious nonetheless.

Spaghetti Bolognese. I plan to get some mince beef from the butcher and make a good ol' Spag Bol, with extra mushrooms, peppers and grated carrot. The kids favourite, and one of mine too!

Cod Traybake. This is a recipe I kind of made up when we didn't have much in, but I have been doing it pretty often ever since. I pop some cod fillets in a tray with tinned plum tomatoes, olives, capers, and whatever veggies I have floating around in the freezer. I usually serve it with potatoes but this would work well with bread too! An easy, quick midweek dinner and super healthy too.

Roast Duck. With roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips, and maybe some greens on the side too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik