Saturday 1 November 2014

A Sofa Story

Today was an exciting day for our family. Our new sofa arrived! It may seem a silly thing to be excited about, but I am just feeling so appreciative of what we have, and wanted to share our 'sofa story'. 

Until today, our living room settee was older than me! A hand me down that was initially a wedding present of my parents; I suppose you could say I had a love/hate relationship with it. I hated the look of it, the tassels, the high arms. But I did feel a tinge of sadness when we took it out to the garage for a final time. It is such an iconic piece of furniture in my family and has had a place in several living rooms over the years. 

When it came to choosing a new sofa, I was FUSSY! We spend months and months searching for the perfect one, and in the end, I practically gave up. Then a furniture village catalogue came through the letterbox and I saw a sofa on the front. I fell in love with it and couldn't stop thinking of it. There was one problem, the one advertised was £3,500. Crazy, right! So we trudged back to DFS and I tried to force myself to like a cheaper option. It wasn't until I sneaked in to a furniture village store that I had my lightbulb moment. My dream sofa was suddenly attainable; it came in a fixed 3 seater option, for half the price! I could have kissed the salesman! I skipped home (well, drove) told John and we went back that same night to order it.

11 weeks later, it arrived!


Honestly I couldn't be happier with it. It's perfection! 

And here I am, sat on my lovely new settee for the first time, and I felt inspired to write a blog post about it. Not to brag or boast about a material object, but to express my gratitude to my lovely husband to be, John. He works 65 hour weeks, in the freezing cold at 4.30am, all for us. Without him and his dedication to improving our quality of life, we would still be living on the breadline, with hand me down furniture and smart price baked beans for tea. Thank you darling, for giving us a much comfier place to cuddle. 

X

Our sofa is the Sensor 3 seat manual recline model by Natuzzi at Furniture Village.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik