Tuesday 5 August 2014

Wardrobe Chat!

This morning I was browsing my YouTube subscription feed, and I watched  this video by ViviannaDoesMakeup about clearing out your wardrobe. Anna is one of my favourite of the 'beauty guru's' on Youtube; I appreciate her minimalist sense of style and can relate to her beauty tips as we have similar colouring. Watching her video left me itching for a clear out of my own wardrobe!

Bryony happened to go down for a nap this morning in her pushchair, so I decided to use the time wisely and I went through all my clothes (including those packed away in vacuum bags!). I collected over three black bin bags to donate to charity. Having had two babies in the space of three years, I haven't spent much time or money on my own wardrobe in a very long time (unless you count nursing bra's and maternity jeans). The clothes that were left in my wardrobe are dated and 'studenty' from my time at University. Not exactly appropriate attire for a stay at home mum. I am a woman now, not a teenager, and my taste in clothes has evolved to reflect this change in my life. I found myself disliking most of the clothes in my wardrobe and so I decided to just get rid of most of them once and for all.

My wardrobe purge was satisfying, but has left my clothing collection looking a little bare. Just like Anna mentioned in her video, this clear out has highlighted 'gaps' in my wardrobe and I can now see what pieces would enhance my clothing collection and what would get a lot of wear with my current lifestyle.

These navy slacks from H&M would be a useful addition to my wardrobe. More comfortable than jeans and cooler in the warm weather for late summer and early autumn, I think I would get a lot of wear out of these. I will definitely be popping in to H&M very soon to try these on!
£19.99.


I love the shape of this cream top from River Island. The off the shoulder style is a flattering cut on my shape, my shoulders are one of my best features and I think this top could be dressed up or down, with jeans in the day or a high-waisted skirt for a night out.
£16.



This black A-line skirt from Gap would be an excellent addition to my wardrobe. The length is flattering (mini skirts are a thing of the past for me now!) Perfect with tights and ankle boots in the winter, or with bare legs and a casual shirt in the spring and autumn. £34.95.

A denim shirt is something I have never actually owned before but I feel it would be a really useful piece in my wardrobe. I love the colour of this one from Gap and I could wear it open as a jacket in the spring and summer.
£34.95.


These items are all very basic and not necessarily that fashionable, but now that I am getting older I prefer to spend a little more on pieces that are good quality, and wont go out of style by next year.

What do you all have your eyes on right now?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik