Tuesday 15 December 2015

Meal Inspiration #5

This week I didn't do a meal plan before the weekly shop, and just picked up what I fancied in Asda. Surprisingly I managed to keep focused and avoid the lure of the doughnuts/biscuits/crisps. Go me! Here's what I'm planning on cooking this week for our family of four.

Spaghetti bolognese. 
The kids absolute favourite meal, Austin has been asking for this for weeks! I might throw in some sneaky peppers and mushrooms too to make the mince go a bit further.

Chicken and mushroom casserole.
This has always been one of my favourite meals. A chicken casserole with thighs, onions, garlic, mushroom, dash of white wine and loads of herbs, served with rice. Mmm!

Slow cooked lamb shank.
Originally i was going to do this as a stew but now I think I fancy it with pittas, feta cheese and a great big greek salad. I'm salivating at the thought already.

King prawn satay.
We had a chinese over the weekend and one of our friends had king prawn in a satay sauce. They were delicious. The sauce was peanutty, hot with chilli, and quite loose and runny. I always found satay a very sickly and pasty sauce but this was beautiful. I cant wait to try to recreate it with prawns from the freezer. Recipe may be up soon if I crack it!

Smoked salmon bagels with sweet potato wedges on the side.
What it says on the tin! The kids may have ham instead on their bagels if they aren't sure about the salmon. I have some sweet potatoes to use up so I plan to do some spicy wedges to have on the side.

Bangers and Mash.
Sausage. Mash. Peas. Onion Gravy. Happy days!

What is on your meal plan for this week! Hit me up with some ideas and I might try them next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik